We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
3D Tracker interface (Read 803 times)
3D Tracker interface
May 31st, 2007, 8:38pm

Hey all.  I'm working on adding support for a hardware 3D tracking device, which can retrieve roll, pitch, yaw from one or multiple devices. (It also may have other functionality to be determined/implemented in the future).

In any event, I currently have an api on the object something like:

Count() // returns the number of available devices
Open() // open the next or first device
Open( int which_device ) // open a specific device
float GetRoll( int which ); // roll, normalized [-1, 1]
float GetRoll(); // from the first in the list
float GetPitch( .. ) // same two as Roll above
float GetYaw( .. ) // same again
Close( .. ) // close the device

Is there an exisiting api that another hardware device has that I should be using, or is this good?

(There was no specific need for our device to have Processing support, but I figured it would be cool to have... I already have it interacting with some shapes on the screen, which is really nifty... and this opens up a bunch of possibilities. Cheesy )
Re: 3D Tracker interface
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2007, 11:26am

Is this something which might work with the inertiacube2 or other intersense devices?
In which case we'd like to help test it
Chiron
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1