We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
libCV and OpenGL (Read 878 times)
libCV and OpenGL
Apr 20th, 2007, 8:37pm

I've got libCV working under Linux (so finally webcams for linux). The main stumbling block was to let Java know where to find the libs etc. I did so by setting JMFHOME en LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly from within the processing script itself (and be sure to copy the lib directory to the processing directory as well! see other post)

Not i stumble onto the following problem. I can display the webcam (live) image as a texture on the side of rotating cube. But i  have to use P3D mode. In OPENGL mode the program crashes.

How to let libCV work with OPENGL (P3D has the very nasty texture bug that just looks awfull).

BTW: using libCV together with OpenGL works under WindowsXP (except for the fact that the screen flashes when moving the window: it looks like color pallettes are changed (but is that still nescessary these days??). What is so different in Linux that the combination Processing/OpenGL/libCV doesn't work??

Any ideas??

Regards
Rein
Re: libCV and OpenGL
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2007, 5:27am

How did you get JMF to detect your camera? I've had no problems installing it, but jmfstudio won't detect my Firewire DV camcorder, and consequently I'm unable to initialize it in Processing. If I get past this step, maybe I can help with your problems.

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10, and the camera works fine under Kino, Kdenlive, etc.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1