We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Processing Book by Reas, Fry (MIT Press)
Pages: 1 2 
Processing Book by Reas, Fry (MIT Press) (Read 5555 times)
Re: Processing Book by Reas, Fry (MIT Press)
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2007, 6:28pm

This is an update. The book is now finished and it is in production. MIT says that it will be available on 24 August -- cutting it close for the Fall semester/quarter/session. I have no idea why it takes so long, but there you have it. If you are a teacher/professor and would like a peek before (for example, to prepare a syllabus over the Summer) send me an email at < reas at processing dot org > and I'll put you in touch with the MIT representative.

Casey
Reply #16 - Jun 1st, 2007, 4:19am

Congrats and thanks for the work!!!!!
Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2007, 10:54pm

i ask myself if the book is reasonable cause processing is still in beta phase, and code examples wont fit for the final version.
greetz ra
Reply #18 - Jun 2nd, 2007, 5:34am

ramin,

the syntax is stable, the current version(124) has the complete 1.0 syntax. we're finished making api changes for awhile. the book uses the 1.0 syntax for all examples.

casey

Reply #19 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:24pm

Quick update on the book. Good news! I heard from MIT Press that it is printing and will soon be bound.
Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2007, 10:10pm

Nice! Any change of buying it directly from you?
Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2007, 11:56am

I've noticed that MIT Press says the book is out on the 24th of August, but Amazon.com says the 30th of September ?
I'd love to get a copy of the book, just wondering if those dates are accurate, in which case MIT Press will be the one who gets my order!
Reply #22 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:49pm

Next update ... the book is in the MIT warehouse. I don't know the shipping schedule and how it relates to Amazon's system. Ben has copies of the book; they take a bit longer to ship to me in California.
Reply #23 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:51pm

REAS wrote on Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:49pm:
Next update ... the book is in the MIT warehouse. I don't know the shipping schedule and how it relates to Amazon's system. Ben has copies of the book; they take a bit longer to ship to me in California.

Thanks Cheesy I'll just go the MIT site I think!
Reply #24 - Aug 23rd, 2007, 1:24am

I'm currently writing a "Programming for artists" subject at Griffith University in Brisbane. I was given a preview copy of the book by the director, and here is my one line review.

"I love it and will buy many copies."
Reply #25 - Aug 23rd, 2007, 6:22am

polymonkey wrote on Aug 23rd, 2007, 1:24am:
"I love it and will buy many copies."

A fellow brisbanite can't be a liar!
Pages: 1 2