We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › graffiti attack at ucla
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
graffiti attack at ucla (Read 2197 times)
graffiti attack at ucla
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:06am

anyone interested, I'm attacking ucla's ackerman student union at 6pm with my interactive graffiti projections made in processing

friday feb. 23th
ackerman union, ucla, los angeles, ca
6pm

more information: www.weonlycomeoutatnight.com

namaste
Re: graffiti attack at ucla
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2007, 9:00pm

Hi, i'm interested with this project,but on www.weonlycomeoutatnight.com i found only those monsters,
i'd like to know ,if they react with space or for what have you used processing.
namaste
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2007, 3:08am

sorry for the SUPER SUPER LATE reply

i used processing to generate the animated creatures and their movements.  the jellyfish is a real simulated jelly form and the tentacles the jellyfish each has is completely simulated using network of springs to give it the jellylike feel and movement.  that's the basics of it, the actual physics and the programming is a whole other article

oh yeah, they also grab people's shadows so that uses camera vision/blob detection

namaste
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2007, 3:10am

i also like the fact that you wonder... i know this is the processing website, but come on, don't like or dislike a project based on a person's l33t skillz in p5.  I specifically don't make projects that look like it was made in p5 because i don't want p5 to be a "style".

....now i'm ranting

sorry
namaste
Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2007, 11:32am

AWESOME!
i love it. great work. i also generated some jellyfish for fun and some for lasercutting, but your's are supernice, congrats.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1