We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Eclipse/Mac Bundle slow
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Eclipse/Mac Bundle slow (Read 595 times)
Eclipse/Mac Bundle slow
Feb 18th, 2007, 12:27pm

Ok this is weird.  I'm using Processing in Eclipse on a Mac (10.4.8, PPC, Dual G5, P5 vers. 0124).  I have the exact same app as a sketch in Processing.  The code is exactly the same (except for the obvious additions of "public" to all the methods in Eclipse).

When I export as an application in Processing the thing runs beautifully.  As an application bundle that I make myself, or a jar that i export from Eclipse it is painfully slow, basically grinds to a halt.

The app bundle is set up exactly as a Processing one (same dir structure info.plist, JavaApplicationStub, etc). The jar is just a simple jar i export and run by passing it the appropriate items to the classpath variable.  No runtime errors or warnings, just slow as hell.  I've tried using several JREs (1.4, 1.42, 1.31, 1.3), all to no avail.  What am I doing wrong?

I should mention that this is an OpenGL app.  That must have something to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1