We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Exporting without graphics
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Exporting without graphics? (Read 710 times)
Exporting without graphics?
Nov 27th, 2006, 9:04pm

Is it possible to compile a Processing application that runs terminal only without the need of a desktop, windows manager etc?
Re: Exporting without graphics?
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2006, 12:59am

My best guess is to just do straight Java, and import the related libraries as needed.
Re: Exporting without graphics?
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2006, 4:07am

you can write a java program that instantiates PGraphics, and draw directly to that, but you can't make that program a PApplet, because that needs a window manager.

i've not tried doing just PGraphics without PApplet for a while, so it's possible that window manager dependencies have also crept into PGraphics as well.. this is something that casey and i decided we'd support as well as we could, but we wouldn't do any "real" work to make this happen.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1