We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › VJ on Home Page
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
VJ on Home Page (Read 1180 times)
VJ on Home Page
Aug 2nd, 2005, 6:29pm

I downloaded the source and tried to run Ripples Audio and got this exception. I checked to see if i had the jogl.dll in my processing directory and in my jre bin directory and its there, can anyone help me and tell me why this may be happening, it may be very simple because i am very simple.

Thanks

java.lang.RuntimeException: net.java.games.jogl.GLException: Error swapping buffers
at processing.opengl.PGraphicsGL.requestDisplay(PGraphicsGL.java:164)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:951)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: net.java.games.jogl.GLException: Error swapping buffers
at net.java.games.jogl.impl.windows.WindowsOnscreenGLContext.swapBuffers(WindowsOns
creenGLContext.java:159)
at net.java.games.jogl.impl.GLContext.invokeGL(GLContext.java:294)
at net.java.games.jogl.impl.windows.WindowsOnscreenGLContext.invokeGL(WindowsOnscre
enGLContext.java:79)
at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas$DisplayOnEventDispatchThreadAction.run(GLCanvas.jav
a:258)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Re: VJ on Home Page
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2005, 6:42pm

It may be my graphics card not sure its open gl, if anyone knows a way to test, its my work machine so not sure about it

Cheers
Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2005, 6:49pm

Ok some my graphics card is openGl 64mb UniChrome IGP.

Any Ideas guys
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2005, 5:34am

I wish I could help... but I have not seen that error before.  Did you check everything here?

http://processing.org/faq/bugs.html#opengl

And which processing/osx/other crap do you have?

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2005, 5:59am

my wild guess would be that there are conflicting versions of jogl on your machine.

why is jogl.dll in your processing folder? is it next to processing.exe? the only version of jogl.dll you want is the one inside processing/libraries/opengl/jogl.dll. make sure there isn't another elsewhere on your machine or somewhere else in your sketchbook that might be conflicting.
Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2006, 2:50pm

For what it's worth, I was getting this 'error swapping buffers' problem with every OpenGL program until I managed to update my display driver... so if anyone else is getting that, try updating yer drivers. I know that's like the first thing suggested in the OpenGL FAQ, but I thought it might be worth mentioning it here as well, for anyone else searching the site for this problem.

Suddenly I can make everything run using OpenGL! Although, um, I'm getting much better performance out of P3D, for some reason, so I might not bother.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1