We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › postgresql and opengl
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
postgresql and opengl (Read 682 times)
postgresql and opengl
Nov 18th, 2006, 12:03am

hello,
Currently I am developing an applet that communicates between a postgresql database and processing using the opengl library. The app has been getting pretty big, so I've imported everything into eclipse and compiled everything (core.jar, opengl.jar, itext.jar, pdf.jar, interfascia.jar, postgreseql-8.1.jdbc3.jar) into a single jar file using fatjar.

However, following the posts about eclipse and OPENGL, i've been able to run the jar file by using:

java -Djava.library.path="c:\processing-0121\libraries\opengl\library -jar vmsdb.jar

So the question is, Does this mean that on every client machine I use, in order to use opengl, I need to have the same -djava.library.path the same? (i.e. meaning that I need to install processing on every client machine that may use this interface)?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this completely contained in a single jar file to run remotely? Is this a feature that I can help develop, or integrate? Or is the only option using P3D?

thanks,
Richard
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1