We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › capture and then merge on the fly videos
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
capture and then merge on the fly videos (Read 862 times)
capture and then merge on the fly videos
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:18am

Hi,

What would be the best way to record/capture up to 10 small videos (10seconds - B&W and threshold) and then merged them on the fly.

I mean...imagine you have a camera setup in a room. One person (at a time and for 10sec) enters the room. You record a small video of the person's shadow. When the second person enters the room (alone and for 10sec), the first recorded video (of the shadow) is projected, and a second video is recorded...when a third person came in, the two previous recorded videos are merged and projected, and a new one is recorded...and so on....

I'm thinking of recording/writing small .mov files and then add them on fly (each time a new video is recorded)...but the thing is that I want to be able (using blob detection) to let people interact/distort the recorded and merged videos that are projected back to them.

Any advices are really welcomed.
saving blobs detected with v3ga's library
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2006, 5:06am

Since my last post I decided to try something else to achieve what I want...

Instead of recording videos, I'm saving in an array the edges of the blobs I detected using the library blobDetection...and it's works great.

but in order to make everything more efficient, I would like to save all the detected blobs. I mean, instead of saving in arrays all their characteristics (center coord, edges), I would like to save in an array the complete blobs.

To do so, I thought I just had to save the "object" returned by "theBlobDetection.getBlob(n);" .... but the value returned by this method seems to be a reference/link and not an actual blob.

I looked at the source code of the v3ga's lib but I can not find what I should retrieve and save in order to do what I want... any advices/ideas ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1