We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
differentiating image on background (Read 596 times)
differentiating image on background
Nov 10th, 2006, 8:21pm

I'm trying to code something that would run two videos and turn any redundant pixels into a solid color.

-the first video would be a camera moving on a fixed track.
-the second video would be the camera moving on the same track but with a person moving in the foreground.
-I would then code the background video to act as a marker to delete anything in the second video with the person that is redundant.

Why two videos? If I'm just deleting the redundant pixels, object tracking one video would (I guess) be all I would need. But once I've got the two-video differential working, I could instead set all redundant pixels to desaturate completely, or blur slightly, etc. I guess, unless that's still easier with just one video.

If you could give me some starting materials or information to get me along this project I would be most appreciative.

I've been playing around with Processing, but accomplishing this would give me a great and in-depth knowledge of the code.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1