We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 3 
quicktime 7 on pc with webcam (Read 19759 times)
Re: quicktime 7 on pc with webcam
Reply #30 - Nov 22nd, 2009, 5:24am

I am using processing 1.0.7 on windows 7 with quicktime 7.6.5. I tried installing winvdig 1.0.1 according to the steps given here and in the video section but it didnt work. I kept on getting setfilename failed errors.

finally i tried running processing in compatibility mode for windows xp and now everythings working fine Smiley

is the system uncompatible with windows 7 or something?
Reply #31 - Mar 21st, 2010, 4:48pm

Thanks for the tip! I was searching and trying everything, until I tried setting compatibility mode of QTCap and processing to Windows XP SP3 just like you mentioned. Now everything works perfectly!

Running on Windows 7, Processing 1.1, Quicktime 7.6.5, WinVDIG 1.01, Trust WB-3400T webcam.

Probably people running Vista may also encounter this problem.

To set compatibility mode for a program, just right-click the shortcut (eg. on your desktop) and go to the compatibility tab. Here you can select a compatibility mode for your program; set it to Windows XP. Do this for your Processing link, as well as QTCap (for testing / settings purpose).

Hope it works out for you guys!
Capture size
Reply #32 - Apr 5th, 2010, 4:26am

I just descovered a fact I didn't expect : with my webcam and vdig/qt/winXp, the capture is a totally black image when I don't use some precise sizes. For instance with my Creative Live! I can capture a 640x480 or 800x600 image, but it won't work with a 64x48 pixels image (the image then is black).
Reply #33 - May 4th, 2010, 9:06pm

I am unable to get my webcam to work with processing. I have detailed my problem in a new thread:http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1272859571.html

Thanks in advance for your help.
Rafael
Pages: 1 2 3