We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
iglasses with isight and processing (Read 797 times)
iglasses with isight and processing
May 20th, 2006, 8:24am

Hello -

I recently put a piece in a show with an isight and I finally figured out how to make it work really well with the fullscreen application mode. The fullscreen mode takes over the foreground and won't let any other apps such as cam.settings() window come up - so I e-mailed Iglasses and they sent me instructions for how to modify this great little app that lets you adjust brightness and focus and then save it as a custom preset. Every time you run the piece in the gallery, it will load the custom preset automatically before the piece goes fullscreen. Here is how to do it, once you have iglasses (8$) - it saved me hours of headache:

1) Go to /Library/InputManagers/Ecamm/Plugins and find the iGlasses.plugin
2) Ctrl-click on iGlasses.plugin and select Show Package Contents. Open the Contents folder.
3) Open the Info.plist file. If you don't have Property List Editor, TextEdit will work okay.
4) Find the EcammPluginTargetApps key
5) Add a new line to this section with the same kind of <string></string> keys around it with the name, in this case just the name of the app or /java to work with the processing development api.

To have the application run in the gallery fullscreen and setup the computer to boot up and load application, you need to export the application and add the following:

//for when you run as an applicaiton.. to make it fullscreen
static public void main(String args[]) {
 PApplet.main(new String[] {
   "--display=1", "--present", "web_cam_comparison_iglasses"      }
 );
}

Thanks to Ken at ECam for his advise on this. It really helped get over the annoying autofocus and brighness adjustments that can screw up a piece when it relys on a referance frame to detect changes.

Best Regards,
Seth Hunter
Re: iglasses with isight and processing
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2006, 4:10pm

this is great! thanks for the info... maybe this should be put into the FAQ somehow, since i noticed a lot of people were searching for it (and it took me a long time to find this post). works a dream....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1