We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
current choice for shape recognition? (Read 591 times)
current choice for shape recognition?
May 27th, 2006, 2:41pm

hi

i know this has been asked/answered a million times, but what's the best choice for the real-time-tracking of shapes at the moment?

chris o'shea recommended reacTIVision to me, which seems to work nice and apparently is extremely fast, but you have to stick these...shapes to your objects.

the task would basically just be to track the position and rotation of translucent geometric shapes. of course as fast as possible, because it's supposed to seem like an optical effect rather than like tracking.

thanks a lot
sascha
Re: current choice for shape recognition?
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2006, 8:22pm

If not Chris' suggestion for this particular application, the most developed alternative for shape tracking out of the box would seem to be Myron. I would at least start there and see what you come up with.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1