We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
newbie video question (Read 817 times)
newbie video question
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:23pm

hi all,

i'm totally new to processing, and i'm having problems getting video feed from a sony handycam via usb port.

i can't seem to get the processing video examples to recognize the camera.

the error:

quicktime.std.StdQTException[QTJava:6.1.3g],-9405=couldntGetRequiredComponent,QT.vers:6528000

at quicktime.std.StdQTException.checkError(StdQTException.java:38)

java.lang.RuntimeException: No capture could be found, or the VDIG is not installed correctly.

at processing.core.PApplet.die(PApplet.java:2078)

at processing.core.PApplet.die(PApplet.java:2096)

at processing.video.Capture.<init>(Capture.java:203)

at processing.video.Capture.<init>(Capture.java:110)

at Temporary_1656_5352.setup(Temporary_1656_5352.java:30)

at processing.core.PApplet.display(PApplet.java:1259)

at processing.core.PGraphics.requestDisplay(PGraphics.java:533)

at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1142)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

i've read all faqs (multiple times) on this, degraded to quicktime version 6, looked through the discussions.  i still can't seem to get the camera recognized.  i'm running on a mac with os x version 10.3.9 is this my problem?

any help would be great.  

many thanks,
chris
Re: newbie video question
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2006, 11:28pm

does this work with any sort of quicktime capture app? like will your cam show up with ichat?
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2006, 11:56pm

i just  borrowed a new camera, and yes, i can connect it to ichat, but the same error is given when i try to run processing.

-chris
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2006, 12:01am

ok, i did borrow a new camera, but i didn't restart processing after i hooked it up.  that was my problem...

after i restarted processing the error is gone.  so, i'm on the road now.

thanks for your response.  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1