We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
qtjava - nearly but not quite there! (Read 862 times)
qtjava - nearly but not quite there!
Feb 12th, 2006, 3:06pm

My first post so hello and thanks for Processing!

Over the past year I've tinkered with several versions of Processing but never got the movie examples to work. Since I have Java installed already I have always used the "expert" distro. I have Java 1.5 but most of the examples worked fine so that was ok. Today I want to get the movie example running and after reading faq's and various posts I finally gave in and installed Processing *with* Java. I dumped the QTJava.zip in the lib/ext folder and changed env's CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME and QTJAVA to point to Processing own Java installation. I've also added ";lib\ext\QTJava.zip" to run.bat in place of the "%windir%..." entries. I'm pretty sure now that QTJava is found but when trying to run the MviePLayback I now get "Semantic Error: Type "quicktime.std.movies.Movie" was not found.". I've check the package and the Movie.class is where it is supposed to be. I'm out of idea's now - help!
Re: qtjava - nearly but not quite there!
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2006, 3:04pm

After many attempts I found putting QTJava.zip, QTJava.dll and QTJavaNative.dll in the libraries\video\library directory solves the problem. Another copy in libraries\sonia_v2_9\library gave me webcam access also. I don't see how the video examples can work at all direct from the website? They don't for me.

PS: The revisions.txt file is using "2005" for 2006 revisions. Bit confusing at first.
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2006, 4:29am

I had the same problem, did the same thing...

Now I get this error "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: lockDrawingSurface"
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2006, 9:38am

Hi Tiago. This is not an error I have seen but I found this bug report so maybe this is your problem...

http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=171
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1