We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Webcam resolution (Read 679 times)
Webcam resolution
Jan 11th, 2006, 4:43pm

I've set up the things to work with webcam capture and I have few questions about the changes.

I was using webcam on P5v70 with Eclipse (QT6 and WVdig). I'm now using a new system, everything have changed: WVdig1.05 and QT7 P5v98. It works, but it's slower than before. I was unsing lower frame resolution for capture. I've moved back to WVdig1.01 and QT6. Both on XP.

The problem is the capture resolution (for lower resolution to gain better framerates) in the setup ; when I change the size, the image appear unphased. It was ok before. When I use different resolution than 800x600, it start to produce weird stripes.

There's a serie of things to setup, so I'm a little bit lost when I try to find what is the cause. Could it be:

1- Wrong Logitech Driver
2- The Version of WinVdig
3- The Quicktime capture
4- Processing Librairies
5- An incompatibility issue

I'll try to resetup the things using P5v70, QT6 and an old version of WinVDig.
Re: Webcam resolution
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2006, 8:02pm

I reinstalled QT7 and WinVDig1.05 and it's better.
But different images sizes doesn't work. (160x120)for example.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1