We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
video not showing up in applet (Read 1213 times)
video not showing up in applet
Jan 7th, 2006, 6:41am

Hey I finally got processing to work with my Logitech QuickCam Express...well, sort of working.

I'm running Quicktime 6, WinVDig 1.01, 0098 and I can get the camera recognized and get the settings open where i see the video but it doesn't show up in the applet window.

I am using the default capture sketch that's included in the examples.

The video does show up everywhere else including QTCap
Re: video not showing up in applet
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2006, 10:19pm

does the capture example work? have you set to the proper input device?
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2006, 11:32pm

I have a related question so I won't open a new topic. Having little luck with video capture in processing, changing numerous cameras and Quicktimes I want to try and install the old version of WinVdig 1.01 which seem to help some people here. Does anyone know where I can get the old version?

Thanks a million.
Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2006, 1:40am

fry wrote on Jan 7th, 2006, 10:19pm:
does the capture example work have you set to the proper input device

the capture example is what I'm trying to get to work. I can get the list of cameras and then i set it to my camera name ("Logitech QuickCam Express-WDM") but i get a blank (grey) applet.
Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2006, 1:41am

k0ndi wrote on Jan 7th, 2006, 11:32pm:
I have a related question so I won't open a new topic. Having little luck with video capture in processing, changing numerous cameras and Quicktimes I want to try and install the old version of WinVdig 1.01 which seem to help some people here. Does anyone know where I can get the old version

Thanks a million.

http://www.vdig.com/WinVDIG/rel_notes.html
the version 1.01 link works here
but the older ones do not.
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2006, 10:45am

edit: Reinstalled Quicktime, works like a charm.

Thank you so much, now I got the WinVDig working fine. When trying to start the processing capture demo I get the following error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/std/StdQTException at Temporary_5964_6948.setup(Temporary_5964_6948.java:20)

I got Quicktime 6.5. installed. The camera is Logitech QuickCam communicate STX. JRE version is 1.5.0_6. Also tried with processing .0092. same error. Any ideas, I think i'm getting close.
Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2006, 4:21am

that looks like when you reinstalled quicktime 6 you didn't include quicktime for java--it's not included by default. so use the updater and/or do a custom install and add qtjava.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1