We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › They fall (game)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
They fall (game) (Read 1271 times)
They fall (game)
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:17pm

Hi,

You can see and play "THEY FALL" game here:

http://itmmetelko.com/fun_games/they_fall/

It's made in processing of course. I love processing and it's unique style very very very much. Game will get some minor tweaking and ballancing before final v1 and I am having some problems with sounds (at some configurations). And I have to add online score list... my current record is 34200... try to beat me Smiley

Any feedback is welcome, best regards,
Janko M.
Re: They fall (game)
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2006, 11:41pm

Cool idea!

Fun to play... I found the speed-up a bit too much between levels, but it played well nonetheless.
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2006, 1:15am

Thanks! You are most probably right.. I will try to make less progression in speed.. this will widen the area that a person can reach. Thanks for this feedback ... (I have to ballance it before the v1 release and this will help).

best regards,
Janko M.

---
I will just copy the rules from how-to (I know I very rarelly read anything inside a game - but without knowing this this game can be much more boring)

* avoid falling blocks
* pick blocks from the ground
* collide picked block with the same colored block (100 points)
* throw it into the same colored block (200 points)
* put them on the ground to collide with the same colored block (300 points) (right mouse click)
* throw them in the falling block of different color to slow then down (might come in handy)
* when level counter is at 200 shield is thrown to you (try to catch it)
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2006, 11:45pm

Great idea, great game, lots of potential.  How about introducing some idea of combos, so perhaps if you hit a block of the same colour, it will carry on moving and will only disappear when it hits a block of a different colour?  Then you get some risk / reward with delaying your shooting.
Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2006, 1:14am

Actually, I would have to disagree that the progression is too fast; I find it to be just right. Any slower speed might lose my attention span...   perhaps you might consider adding a dificulty settings to apply to all range of skill, the harder difficulties awarding more points.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1