We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › sonia/ess stereo input
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
sonia/ess stereo input ? (Read 1148 times)
sonia/ess stereo input ?
Jun 21st, 2006, 1:31pm

hi,

i was wondering if there is some possibility to get real stereo sound in ?
what i actually would need is no FFT at all, but just the level of each channel separately from some live input...

---> in the current version of SONIA it just doesn't read the right channel
(i was trying it out with line in...)

---> and from what i read at ESS there is also only the possibility for mono input:
"The AudioInput class is used to create mono sound streams for the real-time input of sample data."

any ideas would be very helpfull!

thanks

lia.-

Re: sonia/ess stereo input ?
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2006, 10:32am

you will be able to do this in the next update. k
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2006, 10:39am

great! then i will be very patient and wait! Wink

all the best

lia.-
Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2006, 3:57pm

Hi,

I don't wat to sound unpatient, but do you have a prospect on when this next update will be available?

great stuff sofar!!

bram
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2006, 10:35am

working on it now, would like to get it done shortly after the new year before i get swamped with work. fixing all bugs i've cataloged and adding a few new features. (knock on wood.) k
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1