We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
won't export (Read 2329 times)
won't export
May 1st, 2005, 4:32pm

I've tried putting the .jar file in the applet folder, in a code folder and other things but it only runs in the API. Can anyone else get this code to export?
Code:

// Analize and display the FFT Frequency Spectrum values for the microphone input.

void setup(){
size(512,200);
Sonia.start(this);
LiveInput.start(256); // start the LiveInput engine, and return 256 FFT bins (frequencies)
}

void draw(){

background(0,20,0);
//strokeWeight(0);
stroke(0,230,0);

LiveInput.getSpectrum(); // Populates the LiveInput.spectrum[] array with latest FFT data.
// Use the LiveInput.spectrum[] to display the FFT data
for ( int i = 0; i < LiveInput.spectrum.length; i++){
rect(i*2, 0, 2, height - LiveInput.spectrum[i]/10);
}
}

public void stop(){
Sonia.stop();
super.stop();
}
Re: won't export
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2005, 7:24pm

I got it to export fine.  Make sure you have the jSyn plugin installed or it wont work.

http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/plugins/
Reply #2 - May 1st, 2005, 9:01pm

The plug-in is installed. If I didn't have the plug-in then I wouldn't be able to run it in the API. Which isn't the problem. Exporting is. I still get a white rectangle and nothing else.

The sonia_v2_9.jar is in the applet folder and it still isn't working.
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2005, 9:25pm

Hmmm, I guess I didnt realize you needed the jSyn plugin for the API.  The only other thing I can think of is that you are blocking popups or something that keeps the jSyn permission window from appearing.  Hmm... perhaps pitaru will pay a visit and let us know.

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2005, 10:32pm

flight404 wrote on May 1st, 2005, 9:25pm:
The only other thing I can think of is that you are blocking popups or something that keeps the jSyn permission window from appearing.

Thanks for that. I've got Firefox as my default browser, it doesn't ask for permissions like IE does.

I tried it in IE and after I allowed it run objects on the page it asked me if it could talk to the microphone (which it didn't do in Firefox). Suddenly it works. I only need it on the web so I can test microphone input on a computer which doesn't have a bust sound card like mine.

Cheers Smiley
Reply #5 - May 4th, 2005, 3:03pm

flight404 wrote on May 1st, 2005, 9:25pm:
Hmmm, I guess I didnt realize you needed the jSyn plugin for the API.  The only other thing I can think of is that you are blocking popups or something that keeps the jSyn permission window from appearing.  Hmm... perhaps pitaru will pay a visit and let us know.

Hey rob, you don't need the plugin for Sonia to run in the API as the dll/jni native code is included in the Sonia package.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1