We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › intel mac mini performance
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
intel mac mini performance? (Read 1572 times)
intel mac mini performance?
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:11pm

Hi all!
I hope I'm in the right forum for this question.

Has someone experience with the intel mac mini? I know that OpenGL ist not fun because of the integrated graphics but how is it with P3D and stuff? The core/core duo processor seems to be quite fast. Can I expect near MacBook Pro performance drawing lines, moving particles represented as points around the screen?

Thanks in advance,
arne
Re: intel mac mini performance?
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2006, 1:43pm

with the exception of opengl performance, i wouldn't be surprised if it's faster than many g5 macs, and perhaps all g4 macs. the speedup from moving to intel is huge. although the core duo mini won't be much faster than the core solo, since processing by default will only use one of the processors.

however, i've not tested much.. you might try some things from the exhibition page at an apple store to get the feel for how it works.
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2006, 12:30am

i ran a piece using P3D on one recently and it ran really well. i only have a g4 to compare it to though.
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2006, 12:53pm

Thanks for the info! Smiley

- arne
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2006, 9:06pm

I was curious a few months ago on the intel macs. My findings:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=Contribution_Responsive;action=display;num=1149052177;start=6#6
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1