We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › fullscreen api, here u go!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
fullscreen api, here u go! (Read 39278 times)
Re: fullscreen api, here u go!
Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2008, 9:49am

Hi!

Thanks a lot for this library!I tried to use it on my pc,running the example provided on the download page,but unfortunately does not work.It gives the following error:
C:/DOCUME~1/xxx/LOCALS~1/Temp/build10510.tmp/Temporary_8763_8021.java:3:1:3:10: Semantic Error: Type "FullScreen" was not found.

C:/DOCUME~1/xxx/LOCALS~1/Temp/build10510.tmp/Temporary_8763_8021.java:13:12:13:2
1: Semantic Error: Type "FullScreen" was not found.

It seems that it cannot find the FullScreen class,although I have put the library in processing's "libraries" folder.

Could you tell me please what is it that I am not doing correctly?
Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2008, 9:10pm

Windows XP here, it jumps to "fullscreen" but wont swap my resolution for me. Why is this? Makes it basically pointless.
New version out!
Reply #32 - Oct 4th, 2008, 5:14pm

Hey All!

I feel like i got stuck while trying to get the next version perfect.
This is why I'm releasing version 0.95 now, the new features might have a few bugs, but everything that used to work should still behave nicely.

Ok, so whats new?
+ Another try on the opengl issue : Now updating textures from the init() method called by opengl, let's hope that finally fixes it!

+ SoftFullScreen support, is like a "always on top" window. So you can't change resolution, but you can span across multiple monitors.

+ Shortcuts are still enabled by default, but you can turn them off using disableKeys()  

+ You can list the available resolutions using FullScreen.getResolution( <screen-nr> )

as always... download from
http://www.superduper.org/processing/fullscreen_api/

enjoy, hansi.
Reply #33 - Oct 5th, 2008, 1:06pm

ive downloaded the last version and this is the error i get:

FullScreen API: Warning, OPENGL Support is experimental!
Keep checking http://www.superduper.org/processing/fullscreen_api/ for updates!
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: canvas
at processing.core.GLFullScreenHelper.addOpenGLSupport(GLFullScreenHelper.java:48)
at fullscreen.FullScreenBase.<init>(FullScreenBase.java:39)
at fullscreen.FullScreen.<init>(FullScreen.java:84)
at fullscreen.FullScreen.<init>(FullScreen.java:106)
at polarsue.setup(polarsue.java:129)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1377)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1305)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

im using windows xp, processing 0148 & opengl.
the error does not crash the app until it enter draw(), which gives another error that hangs the application.

you had similar problems ?
Reply #34 - Oct 6th, 2008, 1:57am

Since I need the resolution to be swapped on its own, this library is not as useful as it could be for me Smiley However, it is still useful because on MacOSX I use this library to allow me to get my processing window to appear over the top of the Mac OS X title bar on the OS.. On Ubuntu I can do this anywhere, and on Windows. So can you advise me when this library will "pop" the resolution for me, and what issues you have in implementing this?
Reply #35 - Oct 8th, 2008, 1:41pm

V wrote on Oct 5th, 2008, 1:06pm:
ive downloaded the last version and this is the error i get:

FullScreen API: Warning, OPENGL Support is experimental!
Keep checking http://www.superduper.org/processing/fullscreen_api/ for updates!
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: canvas
at processing.core.GLFullScreenHelper.addOpenGLSupport(GLFullScreenHelper.java:48)
at fullscreen.FullScreenBase.<init>(FullScreenBase.java:39)
at fullscreen.FullScreen.<init>(FullScreen.java:84)
at fullscreen.FullScreen.<init>(FullScreen.java:106)
at polarsue.setup(polarsue.java:129)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1377)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1305)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

im using windows xp, processing 0148 & opengl.
the error does not crash the app until it enter draw(), which gives another error that hangs the application.

you had similar problems

hey!

sorry - this is definitely my bad. there was an api change within processing and i didn't test against 0148. expect this to be fixed later today!

hansi.
Reply #36 - Oct 8th, 2008, 1:48pm

gazy wrote on Oct 6th, 2008, 1:57am:
Since I need the resolution to be swapped on its own,

do you mean the resolution should change while the sketch running you know that you can change the resolution by using the classic (not the soft) mode

Quote:
this library is not as useful as it could be for me Smiley However, it is still useful because on MacOSX I use this library to allow me to get my processing window to appear over the top of the Mac OS X title bar on the OS.. On Ubuntu I can do this anywhere, and on Windows. So can you advise me when this library will "pop" the resolution for me, and what issues you have in implementing this

ok, so with java there is afaik no way to change the resolution without going to the exclusive fullscreen mode. the only way around this would be a native library for the major os's, which i don't have the time for right now Sad
Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2008, 1:54pm

Hey what do you mean by " classic (not the soft) mode" ?

Right now I literally change the OS preferences to 640*480 and run my sketch (which is in a window just bigger than 640*480) so it appears fullscreen.

But what I want is for the sketch to jump into a 640*480 resolution, like for example Quake does when you run it, ie if you were to see the mouse pointer it would be huge because of the resolution switch. Im sure you could do this in JAVA2D, and Im hoping theres some way still... half the reason is 640*480 is faster and you dont need to cover as much of the screen etc, and the other half is that my app was hardcoded for 640*480, i could fix this and have it use fulscreen in any res but Im assuming it would slow right down on very high resolution desktops.
Reply #38 - Oct 8th, 2008, 2:25pm

gazy wrote on Oct 8th, 2008, 1:54pm:
Hey what do you mean by " classic (not the soft) mode"

Right now I literally change the OS preferences to 640*480 and run my sketch (which is in a window just bigger than 640*480) so it appears fullscreen.

But what I want is for the sketch to jump into a 640*480 resolution, like for example Quake does when you run it, ie if you were to see the mouse pointer it would be huge because of the resolution switch. Im sure you could do this in JAVA2D, and Im hoping theres some way still... half the reason is 640*480 is faster and you dont need to cover as much of the screen etc, and the other half is that my app was hardcoded for 640*480, i could fix this and have it use fulscreen in any res but Im assuming it would slow right down on very high resolution desktops.

yep, that should be possible. the shortest way to do it is this piece of code:

import fullscreen.*;
FullScreen fs;
void setup(){
 size( 640, 480 );

// Create the fullscreen object
 fs = new FullScreen(this);
 fs.setResolution( 640, 480 ); // let's assume your screen does that resolution
}

void draw(){
 // draw stuff
}

now you can just press alt+enter/ctrl+f/apple+f (depending on your platform) and the resolution should change.

this is called the classic fullscreen (or fullscreen exclusive) mode, because it will disable the second monitor (if you have one), also there will be no other windows visible, even if your sketch doesn't cover the entire screen and your app should have slightly more system resources available.

on the other hand there is what i call the "soft" fullscreen mode, which is basically just a giant window sitting in front of all the others, but the desktop is still behind your app. (in exclusive mode everything but your app disappears). you should only use it when you have a dualscreen sketch.

if you install the library into your sketchpath/libraries/ folder you should have a few examples when you fire up processing and choose file > sketches > libraries > fullscreen from the menubar.

best, hansi.
Reply #39 - Oct 8th, 2008, 2:42pm

Ah I didnt know that, unfortunately it still doesnt swap resolutions, it simply puts my 640*480 window on a black screen of the same resolution of my desktop (1440*900)..

Maybe I have an old version if this is not the intended behaviour?
Reply #40 - Oct 10th, 2008, 11:54am

ok thanks. is the new fixed version online?
Reply #41 - Oct 11th, 2008, 3:43am

I got the new lib but now I get:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: fullscreen/FullScreen (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Has anyone got this lib to swap resolutions for them?
Reply #42 - Oct 11th, 2008, 4:52am

OK so I went back to the old file and was messing around, and I realise it was MY STUPIDITY as to why its not working!! I had basically 640x480 + extra, so it was 650*490, and thats why it didnt work. When I got rid of the extra it works just fine as expected! So thanks for that, my whole sketch it basically perfect now :-D
Reply #43 - Oct 13th, 2008, 3:50pm

V wrote on Oct 10th, 2008, 11:54am:
ok thanks. is the new fixed version online

it finally is Smiley
http://www.superduper.org/processing/fullscreen_api/versions/fullscreen.zip
Works just fine with me!
Reply #44 - Oct 13th, 2008, 10:09pm

Thanks a lot, hansi!
I had subscribed this thread in awaitance for your release Smiley

This one works really fine with me. Even with OPENGL and two monitors, my nVidia GeForce7600 GS switches Windows' "first" monitor into fullscreen mode, so i could use it for projection.

Remains the quest for a second window for "controls" and GUI/Parameter-display...

blausand

PS: Replace the &lt; in the example by an < Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4