We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › OpenGL Applet Trouble...(JOGLAppletLauncher)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OpenGL Applet Trouble...(JOGLAppletLauncher) (Read 1109 times)
OpenGL Applet Trouble...(JOGLAppletLauncher)
May 15th, 2006, 11:39pm

Hi,
Having trouble making my openGL applet, the JOGLAppletLauncher keeps telling me it can't find the main class.
I work in eclipse, and i used FatJar to create the jar file (including opengl.jar). It works fine when i use P3D and launching the applet normally, but when i try to switch to opengl it doesnt work.
the essential part of my html file looks like this:

<applet code="com.sun.opengl.util.JOGLAppletLauncher"

archive="jogl.jar,Dome3D.jar"

width="400" height="400"

mayscript="true">
<param name="subapplet.classname" VALUE="de.zkm.viz.dome3d.Dome3D">
<param name="subapplet.displayname" VALUE="3DOME">

I have checked hundred of times that the class name and package name is correct. There seems to be something really bogus going on here, either in my brain or in my setup.
Could anything else cause this problem, with my computer setup (OSX btw), all the examples i've seen on the net seem to work though, and all use the same code snippet, so i really don't get it. Does it make any difference if i open the html file locally or on a server?

any help would be extremely appreciated!

Cheers

Henrik
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1