We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › need advice
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
need advice (Read 424 times)
need advice
May 8th, 2006, 4:48pm

hi
im hope im posting in the right forum.

im guy a graphic design student.
im working on a project that explore the connection
between people movment in public space to typography
and i got here by mistake,and i think ican use it for my purpose,and this is what i had in mind:
to film from a high place one spot(bus station for ex.)
to map the area with coordinates,and somehow record everytime a person or another object move through one of the coordinates,and let the program register this coordinate,after it run for let say 5minutes,to take all the coordinates that has been registered,and draw lines(bezier) on a premade grid based on the same coordinates and search for a closing path,and to creat some set of rules that will
serch the close path with out intresections,and after it founds one it will create another one on new grid.
i thought on more possibilities but i think its cover my idea.
so if you understand what i want then i like to hear
about aways you think i can do it,what ihave to keep in mind
etc. i have some programming skills(needs to refresh)but understand the structure.
thanks.
Re: need advice
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2006, 9:24pm

i will reuse this post.
well i didnt stop searching for solutions,
i think i found out,that alot of code been written
for similar purpose and i just have to find those codes
and chg them for my purpose.

am i right? or its something i need to do from scratch?

or or or
Re: need advice
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2006, 9:04am

In the spirit of both open-source and appropriation, I'd say fiddle with existing code to familarize yourself with the various methods currently in circulation. From this point you'll be able to tailor or at least identify specific shortcommings or problems, which can then be posted to this forum.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1