We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › javascript loading animation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
javascript loading animation (Read 5789 times)
javascript loading animation
Apr 28th, 2006, 11:57am

a quick hack .. needs a better gif.

jsloading

tested on safari / firefox (both os-x)

not sure about IE ... don't  want to start my virtualPC.

best,
F
Re: javascript loading animation
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2006, 7:11am

Genius! That is one of the things i really hate about java, that it has that specified loading screen! Woohoo!
great job!

best
-seltar

*edit* i can't spell *edit*
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2006, 10:04am

hi seltar,

which os / browser are you on? any quirks found?

best,
F
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2006, 6:08pm

Works on Firefox and IE (java 1.6beta/windows xp pro), but for some reason, not on IETab (firefox plugin that embeds IE in ff), go figure... Fortunately people only use IETab to test stuff/websites that don't work on firefox, so no need to worry.
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2006, 10:55pm

Firefox pc, java 1.5/ winxp, and only thing i noted was that the animation wasn't centered according to the applet's size.. But that's not really a bug.. or is it.. Anyway, works good enough for me to use! So again, thanks a bunch! Smiley

-seltar
Reply #5 - May 10th, 2006, 11:09am

cool. thanks for checking. if you update or fix anything, let me know so i can fix my code too.

i'd be happy to include a better loading-gif if one of you wants to contribute one. Smiley

i think i'm gonna look into a loading-class for applets next. this will decrease the startup-time and will let you customize the loading-screen.

best,
F
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1