We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › OpenGL mangling images, web cam images, and fonts
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OpenGL mangling images, web cam images, and fonts (Read 995 times)
OpenGL mangling images, web cam images, and fonts
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:51pm

hi all,

i'm trying to debug the problems that people have been having with opengl where it mangles images and fonts, particularly when a webcam is in use. i can't get the thing to reproduce reliably.

i'm trying to get this straightened out today (or tomorrow or whatever), here's how you can help:

i need examples that reproduce the problem. use tools -> archive sketch to archive your favorite sketch that has the problem. i need lots of examples to really get this nailed down. the simpler the sketch the better (i.e. if you can remove other libs, please do!)

post the sketches as attachments here:
http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=322
(please don't just post urls to your site, cuz i'll just have to re-attach em to the bug myself)

if you're not familiar with the bugs db, just log in with the email address you used to sign up for this forum (not your forum username) and your forum password.

thanks!
Re: OpenGL mangling images, web cam images, and fo
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2006, 12:59am

Ok, on 110 what I'm noticing is that there is a texturing bug.

With the following code (I posted the archive zip on the bugtrack):
Code:

import processing.video.*;
import processing.opengl.*;

Capture camera;

void setup() {
size(320, 240, OPENGL);

camera = new Capture(this,Capture.list()[1], width, height, 60);

textFont(loadFont("Verdana-9.vlw"),9);
framerate(60);
}

void captureEvent(Capture camera) {
camera.read();
}

void draw()
{
image(camera, 0, 0);
text("test",10,10);
}

It works fine in default and P3D.

What happens is the letter "t" gets mapped with the camera texture, rather than the big image.  It seems like ocassionally the big image is displayed right, but at a much lower framerate, whereas the 't' shows a realtime mini view of the camera.

The 'e' and 's' letters display correctly.

Please note, I'm using the 2nd camera from Camera.list(), so if you only have one camera, that would need to be changed for testing.

Marcello
Re: OpenGL mangling images, web cam images, and fo
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2006, 2:59am

alright, found and fixed for 0112. thanks for the help!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1