We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Processinghacks.com
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processinghacks.com (Read 4862 times)
Processinghacks.com
Feb 3rd, 2006, 4:31pm

Based on yet another superb idea by Mr. Tom Carden, we launched a new community site/wiki into the Processing universe today:

http://processinghacks.com

We're still in the process of collecting, adding, updating and heavily editing articles, but hoping to turn this wiki - with your help - into something worthwhile, stable and useful, above all! The wiki itself is a customized and extended version of the great DokuWiki platform with added features especially for Processing (syntax colouring, link types, applet support (coming real soon) etc.)

This is just a quick heads up before the weekend starts, everything is much better explained on the site...

Tom & toxi.
Re: Processinghacks.com
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 5:48pm

i cant seem to be able to edit the playground or most other things.
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 5:53pm

Only registered users, of course, can edit the pages. Are you registered?
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 6:51pm

yeah, there just seems to be no link or button for it.
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 7:50pm

Karsten + Tom

This is exceptional. Exactly what Processing needs. Are you ready to link it from various places on the site, or do you want to wait a bit?

Casey
Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 8:31pm

I can't seem to edit the playground, either. And I registered and logged in.

Thanks for this, guys.
Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 9:05pm

Ooopss.. sorry guys for the "soft launch symptoms"... Wink

the wiki is organized into different sections (also called namespaces). according to the config you (as reg'd users) should be able to edit the playground (which is inside the "wiki" namespace) as well as everything inside "hacks". the latter works fine, but at current i've got no idea why the playground doesn't...

will keep you posted!

anyway ++thanks for the enthusiastic feedback!!! Smiley

casey, i think in the current light maybe we should hold back until next week with linking to the site more prominently...

cheers all!
Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:02pm

Wow!!!
Thanks also for the book link in the playground. I guess I really gotta finish it now.
Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2006, 2:35pm

This is pretty cool. I'm trying to think of some way to possibly cross-pollinate this site with the tutorials in the grow a tree section of CodeTree...thoughts?
Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2006, 8:37pm

hey, are you guys gonna fix the persmissions in the playground?
Reply #10 - Feb 18th, 2006, 11:53am

Congratulations, Tom and Karsten, this is a wonderful initiative. It's a perfect complement to the official site, and also allows the exploration of advanced techniques that are outside the scope of the core Processing project.

I missed this while on holiday, so I just saw it now. Just posted it on Generator.x too.
Reply #11 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 1:45am

just a quick (and slightly overdue) heads up about the current state of this wiki:

as of this afternoon we've got 35+ registered users (yeah!) some of which have been already actively contributing very good stuff...

i also finally fixed the permission trouble which prevented users from editing parts of the wiki and added a few more Processing related features, most notably:

* upgraded syntax colouring plugin (incl. links to P5 reference pages for commands where possible)

* support for uploading applets to demonstrate some of the hacks directly in the wiki

Also added a page listing all available feeds, which might even be interesting for those of you who only will be watching from the side... Wink
Reply #12 - Mar 9th, 2006, 1:24pm

Unfortunately it looks a bit broken at the moment.. I can't upload any files, or create a new page, it says there might be permissions problems?
Reply #13 - Mar 9th, 2006, 2:20pm

My bad.  I broke something, and now I'm trying to fix it Sad

Update: fixed, I hope.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1