We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › multiple image rendering
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
multiple image rendering (Read 414 times)
multiple image rendering
Jan 16th, 2006, 6:16am

Hi,

I am working on a project that takes still images, from a camera - converts that image to a silloehuette and then displays this image.  This is all pretty straight forward, but what i want to achieve is to have the image build up over time when other people are added etc.  I also need the images to be individual objects with properties, such as fade all reacting individually.

I have managed to do this things mentioned above but when it comes to rendering the multiple images I can't think of a way to do it quickly.

I have created silloeuhette objects, and I stored these in an array.  My first thought was to loop through this array an use the image function to display all the silloeuhettes in the array.  As soon as the array got past 3 it slowed down.

My second thought was to draw the silloeuettes using translate and x and y points.  This works, but again when there are numerous silloehette objects, it slows right down.

I have thought that maybe, making a silloehuette class was unneccesary but since I need to affect each image individually that this would be the best way.

Any advice is much appreciated, and I hope that my problem is clear.

Tim
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1