We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Auto Format Preferences (Read 718 times)
Auto Format Preferences
Jan 4th, 2006, 3:18pm

Just switched over to Flash for a project and I'm quite enjoying the option of setting the Auto Format in Flash to put spaces between my operators. It means I can type sloppy and with one click it gets cleaned up.

Some options on how to beautify the text would be nice, especially when trying to read someone else's code.

Where is the Auto Format discombobulator code? I wouldn't mind having a stab at this if I have the time.
Re: Auto Format Preferences
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2006, 6:32pm

the stuff that happens as you type is in processing/app/EditorListener.java and the autoformat tool is in processing/app/tools/AutoFormat.java.

they're both a mess (autoformat was written by martin gomez and abandoned, and EditorListener gets work only at random times) pending a "proper" solution that actually parses the code. this solution would then be used for syntax coloring, format as you type, and explicitly calling "Auto Format." since this is a much larger task, the current hacks remain.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1