We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Processing in Portuguese
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing in Portuguese (Read 2782 times)
Processing in Portuguese
Oct 4th, 2005, 1:26am

Hello,
My name is Luiz Merkle and I'm new to processing. I'll be using it to teach and introductory programming course this year.

I would like to know if there is anyone working on a translation of processing (reference) to Portuguese? I would be interesting to contribute to it, or to gather a joint force to translate it.

Thank you,
LEMe

Re: Processing in Portuguese
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2005, 7:55pm

David Pereira has also expressed interest in making a Portuguese translation. We're currently working about the final details of our new translation administration scripts.
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2005, 2:17am

Casey,
Thank you!

REAS wrote on Oct 4th, 2005, 7:55pm:
David Pereira has also expressed interest in making a Portuguese translation. We're currently working about the final details of our new translation administration scripts.

I've already contacted David and we will probably be joining  some efforts, considering the differences between the portuguese from Brazil and Portugal, particullary in the computer terminology.

May I ask some questions:
a) What is the functionality of the tools you mentioned
c) When they may be available
b) In the meantime, where to start reference or examples Which part Text, headers, comments, code

Thank you.
Luiz Merkle (LEMe)

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2005, 9:42pm

Hi,
I've just made avalable for revision a alfa version of a Portuguese translation of the Processing Reference Documentation. They have not been revised for typos yet, and  error reports are welcome.

Its possible to access it through a English page through the "Languages -> Portuguese Brazil" menu:
http://www.dainf.cefetpr.br/~merkle/processing/reference/index.html

Or directly through:
http://www.dainf.cefetpr.br/~merkle/processing/reference/ptBR/index.html

All links on the "
Cover \ Exhibition \ Learning \ Reference  \ Download \Discourse" menu of the translated pages are broken. They will be linked to the www.processing pages in the future.

Future projects include:
1) Revise the pages for typos;
2) Change the links in the menus;
3) Prepair a package to add Portuguese documentation to the IDE;

[]s,
Luiz Merkle
UTFPR/Curitiba/Brasil

--------------------------
Olá a todos,
Visando sua revisão, acabo de colocar no ar uma versão alfa de uma tradução da documentação de referência do Processing.Esta é uma primeira versão e ainda não foi revisada. Conseqüentemente, agradeço aquele que os encontrarem e fizerem a gentileza de nos avisar.

A tradução pode ser acessada pela página em inglês, ao clicar sobre o menu
"Languages -> Portuguese Brasil"
http://www.dainf.cefetpr.br/~merkle/processing/reference/index.html

Ou diretamente em:
http://www.dainf.cefetpr.br/~merkle/processing/reference/ptBR/index.html

O menu "
Cover \ Exhibition \ Learning \ Reference  \ Download \Discourse"  das páginas em português não foi atualizado, e seus links estão quebrados.

Future projects include:
1) Revisar o portugês das páginas;
2) Modificar ou retirar o menu "Cover \...", dependendo de onde estiver disponível (web, ou local).
3) Preparar um pacote para ser baixado e adicionado à documentação do software.
4) ?

[]s,
Luiz Merkle
UTFPR/Curitiba/Brasil
Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2005, 3:16pm

Hello there,

Anything I can help, please let me know. (*)

(*) Qualquer coisa que eu possa ajudar, e' so' dizer... Smiley
Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2005, 1:25am

Hello Leme, I am volunteer.
I remember that Hugo Cristo was interested in translating it too
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2005, 11:46am

Thank you both, for the offer and for the info,  

If you find any typos or erros at the Brazilian Portuguese translation of the reference documentation, let me know.

I did not traslate the faq, the libraries docs, the overview,  and all other pages that come with processing, except the extended reference.  Would you like to contribute, and translate some of them.

Thanks and Tchau,
Leme

Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2006, 9:34pm

Hello!

Is the reference engine already working?

David
Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2006, 8:45pm

David,
A draft version of the translations are available at my institution. Just follow the links above. At the English reference page, you have access to the Portuguese translation through the menu.

Abraços,
Luiz
Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2006, 3:33am

The reference engine is working. We need to get folks passwords and instructions for uploading the files. Lenny is away and when he returns, this is on the todo list.
Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2007, 2:59am

Dear Casey,
How should I proceed to use the reference engine? Is it still on? Well, I would like to uptate the Portuguese/br translation of the Processing Reference.

Thanks,
Luiz
Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2007, 12:42am

Hello there!

My name is Michele Menezes and I'm an Art student. I'd like to thank you for all the efforts to translate the Processing reference to portuguese, because it'll help a lot for the diffusion among my classmates!

I'm glad to be here and I hope to contribute to it too.

Thank you!

Michele

Ps. Any grammar mistakes, please, let me know about it. My english isn't so fluent. =)
Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:08am

Olá Michele / Hello Michele,

Obrigado. Se você achar algum erro de digitação ou tradução, me avise. Eu fiz a tradução e não tive oportunidade de revisar, ou atualizar com as entradas mais recentes. Mas está na minha lista.

Vi que você trabalha com arte e tecnologia. Estamos trabalhando neste sentido no nosso grupo de pesquisa, o DArC (Design, Arte e Tecnologia), onde trabalho, e em uma comunidade de pesquisa em  software livre, aberta, a Yguá, onde também pretendemos explorar a plataforma arduino.  

Abraços,
merkle
Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:24am

Hi everybody/ Oi para todos,

The domain of my department is moving. So. I'll move the translation to Brazilian Portuguese of the processing reference pages to:

http://www.dainf.ct.utfpr.edu.br/~merkle/processing/reference/ptBR/index.html

O sítio da meu departamento está migrando para um novo domínio,  e a tradução para o português brasileiro vai ficar em:

http://www.dainf.ct.utfpr.edu.br/~merkle/processing/reference/ptBR/index.html

Abraços / Bye,
Luiz

Reply #14 - Dec 5th, 2007, 7:08pm

Olá Luiz / Hi Luiz

Darei uma olhada mais aprofundada no material de referência assim que conseguir ressuscitar meu computador. =)

Não tenho tanto conhecimento na área de arte-tecnologia, pois infelizmente na Universidade Federal de Sergipe não há mto material de pesquisa na área. Sorte que posso contar com a Internet. Graças a ela descobri o Processing! =D

Pretendo fazer uma intervenção urbana baseada em Processing como projeto de conclusão de curso. Minha intenção é mostrar aos colegas de curso (e a um determinado professor ¬¬) que a Arte computacional não é apenas um "apertar de botão". Como toda obra de arte, possui seu processo de criação, valor estético e linguagem.

Já li algo a respeito do arduíno, eu e um amigo da universidade pretendemos adquirir um para iniciarmos alguns estudos em breve.

Tenho algum material referente a processing que adquiri pesquisando na net. Caso queira uma cópia, é só entrar em contato. E aqui está o endereço de um blog que criei para postar rascunhos criados com processing:

http://processingme.blogspot.com/

Abraços!

Michele
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1