We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › browser - class not found.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
browser - class not found. (Read 880 times)
browser - class not found.
Sep 6th, 2005, 6:47pm

I'm running a simple sketch, which runs ok in safari 1.3, but crashes in Firefox and IE. Console reports a class not found.

I've tried the same sketch in the old alpha p68 and get the same issue.

Looking through the forum and there is mention of this and possible Java issues.

The code is very straightforward, but the image is extremely wide! 8372 * 300 pixels. Mac os x 10.3.9 is the op sys

Code:

float xpos; // index into current source image
float xmag;

PImage source1; // holds current source image

void setup() {

size(600, 300);
background(255);

source1 = loadImage("a.jpg");
}

void draw() {

xmag = 1.0;
xpos = (xpos+xmag)%source1.width;
if (xpos<0) xpos=source1.width;
image(source1, (int)-xpos, 0);
}

Re: browser - class not found.
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2005, 6:41am

that's all of the code?

firefox and ie use java 1.3 on the mac, where safari is java 1.4..

usually it'll happen where you
- use some api from 1.4 accidentally
- use a revision in 008X series since it had a bug that it required 1.4

are you exporting directly from p5? are you modifying the html that's created?
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2005, 11:30am

Yup, that's all the source.

I tried exporting using p68 and java 1.3, as well as p91 both with and without modified html. Neither seemed to work.

I just don't see where the conflict is!
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2005, 2:46pm

and you haven't modded anything? like downloaded your own version of jikes or something like that?

what's the actual stack trace that you get?
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2005, 5:29pm

Resolved the p68 problem. The stack trace throws a 1.3.1 is deprecated which I replaced with a 1.3*, so that seems to work.

I'll check p91 and get back to you.
Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2005, 10:26pm

what are you changing from 1.3.1 to 1.3* that affects the browser? are you modifying the properties of the processing application? beta uses java 1.4 so that wouldn't be the same there either.

in any case, the java vm that's used to run the processing application should not effect how things are exported.
Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2005, 11:47pm

In P68 I changed the mrjapp.properties to 1.3*, because Firefox threw a 1.3.1 deprectated error. I avoided the 1.3+, as I assumed that would go for 1.4 as the latest version of java.

I'm still getting a freeze out with the code I posted when exporting in Beta and running in firefox.

But hey, wait a sec. It's just started running? No idea why! Nothing has changed and I've been flushing the browser each time it crashed!

Oh, well.
Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2005, 3:58am

k, so you were dealing with multiple issues, it turns out.. the alpha stuff is one set of things, but i'm not gonna get into that because we can't support the alpha.

but the browser hanging/crashing with explorer/firefox on the mac was due to some 1.4 code.. rev 93 will have to happen sometime soon since this is serious..
http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=146
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1