We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › ./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2 (Read 1900 times)
./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2
May 28th, 2005, 6:40pm

i've just grabbed 0090 beta and i get this error with everything. all sketches give it.

/home/bryan/src/processing-0090/./jikes: symbol lookup error: /home/bryan/src/processing-0090/./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2

i'm running it on linux. the old version i was running was 0068 and i've also 0087 and they are both good. tried anyone got any ideas?

i get some more output such as:
java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: mozilla: not found
etc.
i think this is just trying to launch http://processing.org/bugs though but i can stick the rest of that output if you like
Re: ./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2005, 3:41am

i've been checking out the previous versions and the bugs appears in 0088, 0087 is working perfectly
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2005, 9:39pm

I get similar errors when trying to compile any sketch as well:

/home/davidr/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: relocation error: /home/davidr/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2

/home/davidr/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: relocation error: /home/davidr/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2

Any ideas?
Reply #3 - May 30th, 2005, 10:49pm

See FAQ: this is caused by the supplied version of the jikes being incompatible with your distribution setup. Move/Rename/Delete the jikes in the processing directory, make sure you have jikes installed elsewhere (from source or distro package) and it should be alright.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1