We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › problems exporting Movie
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
problems exporting Movie (Read 4184 times)
problems exporting Movie
May 10th, 2005, 9:56pm

Processing 0090 Beta.

Problem found in the Video-Libray>Movie.

I can run the example but everytime I export it and try to open the index.html file the browser (Firefox, Opeera 8 and IE 6) crashes.

I'm using:

Windows XP, Service Pack 2

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_05-b04 mixed mode)

QT 6.5.2 with Quick Time java installed
Re: problems exporting Movie
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2005, 11:30pm

just tried it, runs but won't even export on my machine:

Code:

/Users/fjenett/Documents/Processing/Movie/applet/Movie.java:18:13:18:42: Semantic Error: No applicable overload was found for a constructor with signature "Movie(Movie, java.lang.String)" in type "Movie". Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "Movie();" instead?

/Users/fjenett/Documents/Processing/Movie/applet/Movie.java:23:3:23:16: Semantic Error: No accessible method with signature "read()" was found in type "Movie".

/Users/fjenett/Documents/Processing/Movie/applet/Movie.java:30:3:30:65: Semantic Error: No applicable overload for a method with signature "image(Movie, int, int)" was found in type "processing.core.PApplet". Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "void image(processing.core.PImage $1, float $2, float $3);" instead?

processing.app.RunnerException: Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "Movie();" instead?
at processing.app.Compiler.message(Compiler.java:332)
at processing.app.MessageSiphon.run(MessageSiphon.java:60)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

it creates the applet folder ok, in it is the Movie.java but that's it.

( os-x 10.3.9 - java 1.4.2_05 - processing .90 )

F
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2005, 12:31am

did this work in alpha? i'm not even sure if quicktime for java works with applets, or can be made to.
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2005, 1:13am

well i think you can build applets with it ( although it's sure not made for that .. ).

anyway, for me it won't compile the file in the applet-folder ... which works when run normally (in temp). so i think there's something wrong with the classpath when exporting ( or mine?? ) .. anyone else on os-x 10.3.9 / java 1.4.2 who can export this sketch ?

F
Reply #4 - May 11th, 2005, 10:05am

k, the export thing is a problem with package conflicts, so i'll need to get that straightened out. s'pose i'll have to check on whether it can / how to get things working in applets.
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2005, 3:32pm

I receive the same error message.
tks,
gb

fjen wrote on May 10th, 2005, 11:30pm:
just tried it, runs but won't even export on my machine:

Code:

/Users/fjenett/Documents/Processing/Movie/applet/Movie.java:18:13:18:42: Semantic Error: No applicable overload was found for a constructor with signature "Movie(Movie, java.lang.String)" in type "Movie". Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "Movie();" instead?

/Users/fjenett/Documents/Processing/Movie/applet/Movie.java:23:3:23:16: Semantic Error: No accessible method with signature "read()" was found in type "Movie".

/Users/fjenett/Documents/Processing/Movie/applet/Movie.java:30:3:30:65: Semantic Error: No applicable overload for a method with signature "image(Movie, int, int)" was found in type "processing.core.PApplet". Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "void image(processing.core.PImage $1, float $2, float $3);" instead?

processing.app.RunnerException: Perhaps you wanted the overloaded version "Movie();" instead?
     at processing.app.Compiler.message(Compiler.java:332)
     at processing.app.MessageSiphon.run(MessageSiphon.java:60)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

it creates the applet folder ok, in it is the Movie.java but that's it.

( os-x 10.3.9 - java 1.4.2_05 - processing .90 )

F

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2005, 3:26pm

Hello,

I am getting the same error too. Just a reminder Wink

Ali
Reply #7 - May 25th, 2005, 3:34am

video doesn't work in applets. maybe we can fix it in the future but it's not clear whether it's actually possible.
Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2005, 1:15am

closing the thread, now filed in the bugs db:
http://processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=44
any followup should happen there instead.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1