We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
undo (Read 2437 times)
undo
May 3rd, 2005, 10:48pm

this is an old one, the undo-history is cleared when an exception is raised.

this might be related (from suggestions):
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=Suggestions;action=display;num=1114103943;start=0

os-x 10.3 java 1.4x processing .87

F
Re: undo
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2005, 2:10am

what're the steps to reproduce? a sketch that has an error? could you post a basic sketch that'll do it (i'm guessing it only happens with certain kinds of errors, for instance)
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2005, 5:42pm

Code:

[TAB_1]
void setup()
{
size( 100, 100 );
noLoop();
}
void draw()
{
Object[] abc = new Object[1];
println( abc[0].toString() );
}

Code:

[TAB_2]
in tab 2 just type anything and then delete it to fill the undo ...

the undo of both tabs is lost when the (any?) exception occures.
tested with both a "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" and a "java.lang.NullPointerException".

just as a side-note, sometimes it's hard to tell if the undo is lost by the exception or by jumping between tabs (as mentioned in the other thread above).

F

(os-x 10.3.9 / java 1.4.x / processing .87)
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2005, 12:57am

ah, the tab switching is the issue. it's clearing the undo buffer when you switch tabs. will fix.

this is what i get for stapling a multi-file editor onto a single file editor.. durn these tabs, i oughta just remove em. Wink
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2005, 1:11am

actually not ... if i start the sketch and the main tab has the focus, it still loses his (i'm german, ok: it's) undo-history. (me never touching the tabs in this case ...)

F
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2005, 1:54am

fine then. but i'm still gonna remove the tabs.
Reply #6 - May 6th, 2005, 2:31pm

Are you joking? Don't touch those tabs - I love them! Who needs undo anyway?
Reply #7 - May 6th, 2005, 4:01pm

you're right. undo is for babies. tabs are for men. i'll keep the tabs and burn the undo.
Reply #8 - May 6th, 2005, 4:41pm

hmmm ... i'd say gui-editors are for sissies and command-line rocks. so let's just skip that in total!

F
Reply #9 - May 6th, 2005, 4:56pm

I say we code in morse code from now on.  Who needs curly braces anyway!?

Marcello
Reply #10 - May 6th, 2005, 5:35pm

..    .- --. .-. . .

(PS: how do we do a SPACE in Morse Code??)
Reply #11 - May 6th, 2005, 7:44pm

Ricard wrote on May 6th, 2005, 5:35pm:
(PS: how do we do a SPACE in Morse Code?)

Wait.
Reply #12 - May 7th, 2005, 7:06pm

k, we now have multi-tab undo for rev 88.

previously it was just clearing whenever switching tabs. i think it was showing up w/ exceptions because an exception sets the current tab based on where the error occurred. or at least i hope that's all it is.

closing thread and if things are problematic we can open a new one for 88+ problems.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1