We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Save As... almost (first time it's hit me)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Save As... almost (first time it's hit me) (Read 1440 times)
Save As... almost (first time it's hit me)
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:08pm

Performed a "Save As" that didn't quite take. The save action completed and the main tab was renamed, however the "Save Needed" notice was displaying. Attempting to do a basic save didn't clear the notice so I closed Processing and reopened. When I reopened P5 I was presented with an empty sketch and the renamed sketch wasn't in my sketch list. I dove into the my sketchbook directory and I found that a sketch folder was created and named properly. Inside the folder I found PDEs for all of my tabs except the main tab. Thoughts?

Edited:

Working with v.85 on Windows XP with Java 5.0, sorry, forgot to include that info.

Kristian Damkjer
Re: Save As... almost (first time it's hit me)
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2005, 11:51pm

my thought would be that i crammed in fixes to "save as" late in the evening while i was getting beta pushed out and may have goofed something.

i'll get on this one and try to fix asap. bugs that kill code are serious...
Re: Save As... almost (first time it's hit me)
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2005, 3:42am

sorry for the delay on this one.. the fix is now ready to go for rev 86, and should be tested much more thoroughly this time thanks to fjen.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1