We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › (BETA) BOARD
Pages: 1 2 3 
(BETA) BOARD (Read 12255 times)
(BETA) BOARD
Apr 18th, 2005, 8:49am

Well, after months of deliberation we made a decision. With the release of the Processing (BETA) software we archived three years of accumulated posts to the Processing Discourse and are starting fresh. The categories are mostly the same and we hope it will continue to function well for the community.

The syntax for writing programs in the beta release is slightly different from the syntax from the alpha releases. To avoid confusion please don't post questions, bugs, or code from alpha releases to this board.

There are wonderful insights and code fragments in the archived material and it's still here to search and read:
http://processing.org/discourse/alpha/

Re: (BETA) BOARD
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2005, 12:24pm

Briefly:  congratulations to all concerned! It's going to be a busy day today, now there's something new out to play with...
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2005, 1:14pm

It's very wonderful to start the Processing (BETA) with a positive post. Thanks reg.
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2005, 2:03pm

I'd also like to express my congratulations. BETA looks great from what I've seen of it so far!
Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2005, 2:27pm

Woo-hoo! Agree to all above. Thanks for all your efforts making the release! Nice new board also! All excited now. No more talk. Time to play with that new shiny 85 beta. Smiley
Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2005, 2:33pm

ben + casey and all involved...

i'm so very happy for all of you to finally have reached this stage! doesn't it almost feel like your were chasing the holy grail? Wink i hope my path will bring me back closer in future, too much unfinished business in between...

anyway, that's one day to celebrate - congrats from "lurkerland"!

all the best!
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2005, 2:37pm

congratulations!

what a nice day, sun and the beta. hmmm ...

thanks so much guys!

/F
Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2005, 2:38pm

Congratulations for this release!

A new era has begun Smiley
Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2005, 3:06pm

just downloaded (BETA). loaded an (ALPHA)sketch. hit play. error.

but hey, no (r)evolution without changes!

like the new style.

keep it up.

thanks.
Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2005, 3:21pm

What a great piece of news Smiley

I've just started to download the beta version. I got a whole year of fun with the alfa version. You have assured me at least another whole year of fun.

Thank you,
Marcello
Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2005, 3:48pm

truly truly impressive. Smiley
Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2005, 4:02pm

Congratulations, saw the new colour scheme this morning, and knew it must be time for the latest version.

Thanks for all the work you've put into it!
Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2005, 4:18pm

enhorabuena!!!
Reply #13 - Apr 19th, 2005, 4:28pm

What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations and thank you for all your great efforts!

Cheers
Mario
Reply #14 - Apr 19th, 2005, 5:27pm

CONGRATULATIONS to all involved!!!
I hope you didn't grow too many grey haires, it's been good fun and VERY educational to be part of the past 3 years, I look forward to the next and hope you find some time to relax after all this.

Well done! Smiley

+ mikkel
Pages: 1 2 3