FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Website, Reference, Example Suggestions
(Moderator: REAS)
   Translation of documents
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Translation of documents  (Read 749 times)
Takachin

Translation of documents
« on: Aug 6th, 2002, 6:35am »

I think p5 will be accepted in Japanese Graphic Designer.

But there is some problem to spread p5.
All documents written in English! In Japan, there is a tendency that Japanese graphic designers are poor at English. In fact,our art university's studentsare weak to read and write in English and I'm not good too.(but to study interaction design,I will be good at English)

To solve these problem, I want to translate p5 documents into Japanese. But My English skill is "infant state" ! so if p5 projects team allow me to translate these documents,I will look for those who help.

And I think there is same demands except for Japan.(There are country which does not make English a native language) I understand that good programmers need English capability,but as  introduction,non English native country needs translation of documents.if we have it, we will increase efficiency and p5 will accepted people who be not good at English.

#Sorry for my broken English

REAS

Re: Translation of documents
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 4:03am »

I agree that translating the documents would be wonderful. Because the docs are still so primitive, we have not been actively pursuing translation.

Our first step is to complete the English documentation and release more stabile software before pursuing global domination.

The docs are currently being built in an extremely simple and modular way with raw text files. It would be very easy to translate them in a distributed manner and flow them into the current web architecture.

Takachin

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 12:45pm »

Thanks REAS!
I will set translated documetnts to my new website for p5 at once.
I'm going to translate compressed .txt .html file.
When I finished these works,I'll send e-mail this url.

Happy Coding!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2002, 6:20pm by Takachin »  
adrien

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:15pm »

I will offer translation into french when/if necessary. I will be teaching P5 in french, and will have access to people who can turn my franglais into something intelligible by a real frenchman. But hopefully when it's finalized ... guess i should be doing something useful...

Signature: Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post...
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »