FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Nike meets Processing
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Nike meets Processing  (Read 1001 times)
amoeba

Nike meets Processing
« on: May 10th, 2004, 9:55pm »

Obscure design fact: John Weir Smokinggun, designer most excellent, has used Processing to create the dot illustrations used on the Nike Cycling web site. Just in case in anyone doubted commercial potential.

marius watz // amoeba
http://processing.unlekker.net/
_martin
Email
Re: Nike meets Processing
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2004, 5:03am »

What's more interesting is how Processing and Flash interact. Though I'm aware that the image composed of dots is just a screengrab, I think that there's a good potential for integrating the two such that they interact with each other.

gaza

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2004, 7:54pm »

The save(); function is exellent for this type of thing. Create a graphic and then once you got save a tif. Then apply it somewhere else.

19hrs

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18th, 2004, 1:34pm »

I also did a little thing for nike,
it was for the amsterdam launchparty of the laser-nike's.
I made an installation in which you could make your own custom lasers (on screen that is), and then it got posted in a gallery..

19hrs!
http://newsnewsnewsnews.net
mm
Email
« Reply #4 on: Jun 8th, 2004, 1:42am »

is that legal?

19hrs

Email
« Reply #5 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 5:42pm »

Why wouldnt it be?

19hrs!
http://newsnewsnewsnews.net
madmerv
Email
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21st, 2004, 6:00pm »

Well, when I first received Proce55ing, Ben stated that there were some copyright issues.  He since has stated that there are no longer issues.  The idea though that folks are profiteering off ventures related to a freely distributed open source initiative is counter to the ideas present in most GPL GNU etc liscenses and the definition of open source.

smokinggun

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22nd, 2004, 8:05am »

on Aug 21st, 2004, 6:00pm, madmerv wrote:
The idea though that folks are profiteering off ventures related to a freely distributed open source initiative is counter to the ideas present in most GPL GNU etc liscenses and the definition of open source.

The idea behind GNU is free, as in freedom.  Free to profit or not profit.  Free to alter, improve or degrade the code.  So long as others are free to do so to the alterations you make of the code.  

"Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does."

-GPL Version 2
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2004, 8:05am by smokinggun »  
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »