FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   A little help with QT's SequenceGrabber
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: A little help with QT's SequenceGrabber  (Read 1268 times)
zai

A little help with QT's SequenceGrabber
« on: Apr 22nd, 2004, 8:58pm »

Hi I want to make a camera-input program in OS X (using Cocoa), mainly so that I can optimize for speed with the vector unit. Since I assume Processing uses Quicktime Java and probably uses the SequenceGrabber for taking camera input, I am hoping you guys can offer me some help.

The two examples I've been looking at are HackTV and SGDataProc -  
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/hacktv/hacktv.html
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Cocoa_-_SGDataProc/Cocoa_-_SGDataP roc.html

The main thing I notice is that HackTV has a much shorter lag time than SGDataProc, and I wonder if that is because its using the preview mode instead of record mode.

So my question is: Does Processing use QT's SequenceGrabber? And if so, which mode (record or preview)? If its preview mode, how do I access the data if its not dumped into a gworld first?

Thanks,
z

zai

Re: A little help with QT's SequenceGrabber
« Reply #1 on: May 15th, 2004, 6:47am »

I hate bumping but has anyone any info on this? Or can maybe let me know a good resource/mailing-list/etc.

Thanks

arielm

« Reply #2 on: May 15th, 2004, 12:42pm »

the processing engine (aka Bagel) is made of a series of classes (BApplet, BGraphics, etc.)

you could always use a tool like "decafe pro" and decompile BVideo.class to get the answer(s) you're looking for (this class is accessible from yourP5folder/lib/pde.jar)

Ariel Malka | www.chronotext.org
fry

« Reply #3 on: May 16th, 2004, 8:06pm »

the video input stuff is just based on one of the quicktime examples that's been modified to fit how the processing api works. it uses preview mode though that includes a gworld from which the pixels get grabbed.

that said, i think your question is more to do with quicktime for java or cocoa, not processing, so i'd check with their respective lists for info.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »