FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   givin' credit
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: givin' credit  (Read 344 times)
Euskadi

givin' credit
« on: Mar 30th, 2004, 2:28am »

is there an official 'fancy' way to give credit to processing on a web site? something like a nice flashy gif like the java guys have?

I'm about 1-24 months away from lauching a site with an applet (built with processing) and I'm wondering how to credit yous guys.

I would have thought it would be the red P5 square or something, but since you are processing now... well anyway. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Quasimondo

WWW Email
Re: givin' credit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 12:39pm »

I think the line "Built with Processing" is the semi-official way to show the credits. At least it is a great way to find everything Processing via Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22built+with+processing%22

Mario Klingemann | Quasimondo | Incubator | côdeazur
fry

Re: givin' credit
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2004, 6:43pm »

yeah, we like it when people include a "built with processing" note with a link back to the site, since it helps create interest / brings in more people to the project. we don't/can't/shouldn't require it, but it makes us happy because the project is free and this is our way of getting advertising and generating interest.  

being able to google the phrase is really cool too, and it provides a "popularity index" of all sorts of p5 projects.. i see that ed is out on top with moovl. go ed.

as for the naming, the P5 icon itself will go away within a few releases, since casey has something fancy up his sleeve.. but i think we'll probably use p5 as a shortened name for the project even though we've dropped proce55ing as the name altogether (coincident with our acquisition of the processing.org domain).

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »