FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   quicktime/java
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: quicktime/java  (Read 361 times)
anamethatnoonehasyet
Email
quicktime/java
« on: Feb 1st, 2004, 2:02am »

hi all

first up I've written this message about 5 times now because for some reason the post button is greyed out when I get an error and press back. I am having trouble not using profanity to explain my anger at this situation but I will continue

um im trying to get this thing to work, and it says I need quicktime for java, and it says to look at apple, and I cant find it there, then I tried looking for qtjava like in the bug file, but I cant find that anywhere, I've looked all over sun's webpage. can anyone please tell me where I can get this java for quicktime thing? I've downloaded all this stuff like apple said to d/l itunes but that didnt do anything

REAS

Re: quicktime/java
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 3:58am »

make a custom install of quicktime. when you make a custom install it will give you options. select quicktime for java toward the bottom of the long list. then proceed to install quicktime.

we know that the quicktime install is infuriating and removing this contraint is a high priority.

+ casey

seeminglee

Re: quicktime/java
« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 4:18am »

i had the same problem today when i install the program - if you go through ::Apple > QuickTime > Download:: there actually won't be a "custom" option.

however, you can get the custom option if you get the QuickTime Standalone Installer instead. here's the url:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

1. Choose custom at the install prompt
2. Select "QuickTime for Java" in the long list of "plugins"

hope this helps.  
*.sml

*.sml
sspboyd

QT6.5/Java1.4.2 problem on 10.3.2
« Reply #3 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 10:31pm »

I am having similiar trouble starting Proce55ing. When I try to start it, I get an error stating:
Could not load QuickTime for Java. This probably means that you've installed QuickTime 6.4......can be found in bugs.txt.

I read the bugs.txt but I didn't anything pertaining to my situation.

I have OSX 10.3.2, Java 1.4.2, QT6.5
I tried reverting to QT6.3 but the reverter (is that a word?) program won't allow me to run it on 10.3

I have downloaded and installed first Software update versions of Java 1.4.2 and QT 6.5 and then after running into trouble, I have installed the stand alone versions of both.
The stand alone version of QT6.5 does not allow for customized installation.

Im pretty frustrated so any help is greatly appreciated.
steve

gmail.com w/ sspboyd username
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »