FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   presentMode ... on a secondary screen/projector
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: presentMode ... on a secondary screen/projector  (Read 492 times)
mKoser

WWW Email
presentMode ... on a secondary screen/projector
« on: Nov 11th, 2003, 8:11pm »

is it possible to have the "present-mode" be on a different screen than the one of the main system?

i want to present a project on a big-screen projector, and would like to have the present-mode running on the projector while having other things on my laptop's screen.

i've tried fiddling with the 'sketch.properties' file (eventhough it says in it, that i shouldn't) but with no luck ... i was hoping I could simply just change the coordinates of the screen.

help ? (presentation is on thursday!)

+ mikkel

mikkel crone koser | www.beyondthree.com | http://processing.beyondthree.com
megamu

megamu+loves+you WWW
Re: presentMode ... on a secondary screen/projecto
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2003, 4:44am »

i've been having similar problems

couldn't find a way to fix it :\

I just set the resolution of the second monitor to the same as the piece, and then drag it over and try not to show any edges of the window (although a little at the top always shows, bleh)

benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2003, 2:03pm »

you could of course work with two laptops...

fry

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2003, 3:42pm »

hrm... not really a simple solution for this one. the best would be that you could write a page of java code that would open up the window in the right place and place the applet on it, the way present mode does.

so i don't have a solution for now, though this is a good thing to note for when i implement 'export to application', so that people can choose on which monitor their app shows up.

Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13th, 2003, 4:58pm »

warning: this is an easy way out and the code isn't good (was done quickly). ... http://decode.ateneo.edu/martin/mikkel.zip
to use: java Mikkel

hth.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2003, 5:03pm by Martin »  
mKoser

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13th, 2003, 10:16pm »

Martin: Thanks, I might need to ask for a little more help in using the code you provided ... however, today was the presentation and I ended up just using the stadard run-time window... (not pretty, but it worked!)

here's what i presented:
http://proce55ing.net/discourse/yabb/board_Contribution_Physica_l_action_display_num_1068758029.html

...I'll look into the code you provided this weekend.

+ Mikkel

mikkel crone koser | www.beyondthree.com | http://processing.beyondthree.com
trip

triparepa WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 12:15am »

Pretty late for this reply, but hey, better late than never...

what I have been doing to get around this problem is this: since presentMode only works on the primary monitor, I set the primary monitor to be the s-vid out of my laptop, and the LCD panel as the secondary. The s-vid is set to 640x480 (most of my appy's use that rez) and the panel is set to its native resolution.  

result? you get your panel with your file list, etc and you get your appy presented without that unsightly white window border at the top.

Some vidCards won't let you do this, some do... experiment with the "Advanced" settings (in Windows, mac users: you are in another tax bracket, so i cant help you here) of your particular card. My lappy has an ATI Radeon 7500. If any of you have the same card and want to learn how to set it up, lemme know

c:\>

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »