FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   I'm off!
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: I'm off!  (Read 424 times)
gkoshra

WWW Email
I'm off!
« on: Aug 14th, 2003, 5:11pm »

Hey everyone,

i'm leaving my job tomorrow to get in my trusty camper van and travel round Europe. So it means that I won't be able to play with any new releases of Processing until I come back! I can't afford a laptop you see, too much saving going into travelling. Perhaps i'll get a cruddy one halfway through my trip if I see one and post some sketches. I think i'll have to settle for a physical sketchbook to jot some ideas in and get some serious coding time in when I return sometime late next year. I want to do a photo album/route map thing so you can see what I saw and where, which I think will challenge me enough!

Anyways, it's been fun and i'll be checking the boards in internet cafes to see what's happening. Best of luck guys.

Ben.

benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
Re: I'm off!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 10:26am »

wow, that sounds like fun. good luck!

i_253 WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16th, 2003, 8:44pm »

Nice!  Traveling is so much fun!  Don't worry about not having a laptop which could be a burden sometimes if you're so attached.  Enjoy the world around you while you're in new places.  A sketchbook is definitely a good travel companion and a manual SLR would be nice too.  At least, those still works if the power is pull out from you.

Without power and all that computer depends on, do digital arts exist?  .../just a thought

vent

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16th, 2003, 8:56pm »

on Aug 16th, 2003, 8:44pm, 53 wrote:
Without power and all that computer depends on, do digital arts exist  .../just a thought

Thats a question I asked myself more than once over the past day -- while in new york with no power.

Have a great trip!

http://www.shapevent.com/
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »