FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Tools
(Moderator: REAS)
   nanoxml not finding classes
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: nanoxml not finding classes  (Read 1826 times)
chrisoshea

nanoxml not finding classes
« on: Jan 9th, 2005, 7:30pm »

Hi

I am using
Java 2 Runtime SE V1.4.2
Processing 0068
Nanoxml Lite 2.2.1

I have the two class files in the code folder for my sketch but it doesn't seem to find them. I get this error:

Semantic Error: A candidate for type "XMLElement" was found, but it is invalid and needs to be fixed before this type will successfully compile.C:/processing/lib/build/Temporary_7678_4103.java:68:27:68:36: Semantic Error: A candidate for type "XMLElement" was found, but it is invalid and needs to be fixed before this type will successfully  

I have tried using nanoxml.XMLElement() as suggested in another thread, but it still doesn't find them.

Any suggestions?

fry

Re: nanoxml not finding classes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 12:22am »

if it's in package "nanoxml", it needs to be inside a .jar file rather than as .class files on their own. and in the jar file, make sure that the .class files are inside subfolders that have the same name as the package.  

so if the package is just nanoxml, put the two .class files in a folder called nanoxml, and zip that folder (jar files are just zip files) and name it "nanoxml.jar" or something like that. or use the original .jar file that probably can be found for nanoxml.

toxi

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 11:55am »

chris, i've uploaded the complete sketch folder structure for you to use as template:

http://toxi.co.uk/p5/nanoxmltest/xml_test.zip

ben, the original nanoxml.jar didn't work with jikes as it doesn't contain a manifest entry. having just the .class files inside /code/nanoxml works just fine though...

http://toxi.co.uk/
fry

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 4:31pm »

hm, that would be a bug then.. putting things in subfolders in the code directory is a little dangerous and the MANIFEST.MF file is completely ignored so i'm not sure what's up..

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »