FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Failed 2 load main-class manifest...
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Failed 2 load main-class manifest...  (Read 738 times)
mattjones
Email
Failed 2 load main-class manifest...
« on: Mar 29th, 2004, 12:58pm »

hi,
think this is probably fairly obvious but I'm new to java.  my processing progs work within processing environment but I'm having untold probs viewing jar files either within the browser or as applications (I downloaded j2re-1_4_2 that comes with the plugin).

the major problem when I attempt to double-click my files is the 'failed to load main-class manifest attribute' complaint.  running from command prompt has no success either.  so I can generate the source code files but no applications?  is it just me who is unable to view my files or will other people have similar problems because the mainclass.mf thing is not embedded in the jar file? (this was just a vague guess).

any help greatly appreciated!

fry

Re: Failed 2 load main-class manifest...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:05pm »

heya,
so running as an application isn't quite finished up yet (automated), but it can be done with a tiny bit of extra work. the info about making a main() and a manifest file can be found in this thread:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_Tools_action_display__num_1074127030_start_.html
this will get easier in the future, as there will be an option of whether to export to an application or applet.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »