FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Creating a package within Processing
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Creating a package within Processing  (Read 357 times)
cozdas

Creating a package within Processing
« on: Mar 21st, 2004, 4:59pm »

..Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to create a package just using the Processing environment

cuneyt Ozdas
Splutterfish LLC
fry

Re: Creating a package within Processing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21st, 2004, 11:00pm »

what sort of package?

aceed

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2004, 4:29am »

Good question, I would to know too, about custom class packages in processing, (if any). I think cozdas has thought about it

fry

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2004, 2:27pm »

ah, *class* packages.. i figured that was it, but..

using packages for your code is likely to cause problems at least until the big release (70ish) that has the multi-file stuff. processing was designed for simpler apps (no need for packages) but that will shift a bit because of user input to allow for slightly more complicated thigns.

for the time being, you should try eclipse or something like that (toxi's written up some really useful stuff elsewhere on the board), if you're package savvy.. we aren't trying to create a full java ide, so we didn't incorporate quite everything.

cozdas

« Reply #4 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 3:29pm »

fry,
thanks for the info...

I'm actually not a java guy myself, just learning java along with processing to teach CG to my students. So excuse me if my java terminology was wrong/incomplete.

While teaching CG, I'm also trying to give them good programming habits, one of which is writing portible/re-useable code. But currently we need to copy/past the source from the old projects (correct me if I'm wrong). Which makes things look more complicated. Actually a simple pre processor "file inclusion" command (a-la C/C++ #include) would make too.

But since you mentioned ~70 will have multi-file feature, that's good enough news for me..

Thanks again.

cuneyt Ozdas
Splutterfish LLC
mohn

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 3:52pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2004, 2:27pm, fry wrote:
for the time being, you should try eclipse or something like that (toxi's written up some really useful stuff elsewhere on the board), if you're package savvy.. we aren't trying to create a full java ide, so we didn't incorporate quite everything.

cozdas - here is what ben was referring to:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_general_action_displ_ay_num_1072722668_start_.html

mohn

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »