FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   bezier(a, b, c, d, t)
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: bezier(a, b, c, d, t)  (Read 820 times)
Bijeoma

myloveiloved
bezier(a, b, c, d, t)
« on: Jan 14th, 2004, 7:40pm »

what happend to this bezier child function? i wanted to run an old program and i noticed 0067 didnt include the function. how can i rewrite my own version or find a substitute?

rgovostes

rgovostes
Re: bezier(a, b, c, d, t)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 8:59pm »

Quote:
bezier(a, b, c, d, t) -> bezierPoint(a, b, c, d, t);

The syntax was changed in revision 0060.

Bijeoma

myloveiloved
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 9:03pm »

thanks, where is it in the reference?

bryan

REAS

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2004, 10:40pm »

We have two separate references planned. The "simple" reference is the one currently on the site. It is formatted in a manner that is easy to understand for beginners. The "complex" reference is in the more traditional engineer style of code reference. The bezierPoint() function with t is in the "complex" reference which is not yet published.

mungbean

pixelfrenzy WWW
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 4:33pm »

(This is NOT a rant, so I hope it doesn't sound like one! )

I've just spent several rather confused hours scouring the BB for information and hope to clarify a couple of points.

on Jan 16th, 2004, 10:40pm, REAS wrote:
We have two separate references planned. The "simple" reference is the one currently on the site. It is formatted in a manner that is easy to understand for beginners. The "complex" reference is in the more traditional engineer style of code reference. The bezierPoint() function with t is in the "complex" reference which is not yet published.

I've just been chasing all over the place trying to track down info about overloading of the bezier() and curve() functions, and *eventually*  discovered this discussion here.

This kind of stuff is really hard to track down -- I must've had a dozen browser windows open on this BB searching and cross-referencing, only to find out that the info I needed is actually out there, I just don't have access to it.  Gneep!

So, my questions are:

Is there a specific reason why this "complex" reference isn't included in the Alpha download, even in its unfinished state!  

and

Is there somewhere I can d/l it now  Please! Or did plans get changed some time in the last 3 months

I think that some of my confusion is due to reading "The reference on this page is only valid for the current Processing release" on the local copy of the reference... by "valid" I *assumed* it meant it was complete.  Maybe this could be clarified

Thanks!

fry

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 7:11pm »

the reference for these kinds of changes is in revisions.txt, which includes the line that rgovostes quoted under the notes for release 60.  

the advanced reference will probably be javadoc-based and built from the code itself on each release, but this will probably happen once the code is opened--which is currently hinging on me getting the time to deal with the next round of paperwork with MIT. i apologize about the slow progress--it frustrates casey and i more than anyone. i'm in the midst of completing my PhD so i haven't been able to dedicate as much time to p5 as i'd like for the last couple months. this will change starting in may and throuhg the summer.

mungbean

pixelfrenzy WWW
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 10:38pm »

Thanks Ben!

I probably never read that far down revisions.txt cos most of it just looks like info about old bug fixes which are now irrelevant... I didn't realise the API was still in such a state of flux.

Re: PhD ...I'm sure we all sympathise (in fact I was hoping to tune in to the webcast of your dissertation defence but the magic link never appeared on the page).

You know, the trouble with Processing is that it's so great NOW that it's too easy to forget it's still Alpha!

Hope I can offer some time to help with docs over the summer.

Cheers

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »