FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   singe and multiple perspectives
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: singe and multiple perspectives  (Read 220 times)
adrien

singe and multiple perspectives
« on: Oct 20th, 2003, 5:44pm »

the goal: display a grid, where each cell contains a drawing of an object seen from a different perspective. Imagine a quicktime VR of an object, where you can see 'all of the points of view' spread out over a poster sized area...

the problem:  there is an omnipresent 'singluar' perspective into the P5 world, and I need multiple perspectives.

I can create a matrix of, say, cubes, and use some transformations and push/pop to see these cubes from different 'points of view' -- the problem is that I see this matrix from a point of view as well, the 'windows' view into the P5 space. I see it as if I had a matrix of real little cubes on my poster, not images of the cubes...

a solution:  i can make a first movie of size X which can export number N of size X bitmaps of an object each seen from different points of view, and then create a second much larger movie, and show each of the bitmaps in this movie.

is there a more elegant way to do this: like not having to export / reimport the bitmaps?
Will I have to compute the 3D by hand and draw each line individually? i really don't want to do this (yet).

this is a fuk*t up question, I know, it makes my head hurt too

Signature: Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post...
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »