FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   rotating along object's axis??
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: rotating along object's axis??  (Read 307 times)
trip

triparepa WWW Email
rotating along object's axis??
« on: Aug 28th, 2003, 10:36pm »

How do I make something (an image, a box, etc) rotate along its axis (either CORNER or CENTER_DIAMETER) instead of having the whole matrix rotated??  

As an aside, and coming from Director, I find the translate(), scale() and rotate() functions very confusing and unintuitive. They seem to work like cameras in 3D modelling software instead of just plain "moving" functions. I know, I know, the transformation matrix, but I find myself struggling to find a use for a function that rotates or translates according to the world origin, instead of the object origin. Or maybe I'm just dumb.

I would still love to rotate something along its axis, so if you have any thoughts...  thanks

c

pitaru

WWW Email
Re: rotating along object's axis??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2003, 2:23pm »

You might want to take a look at BSpace, it's a custom Processing version that helps my students do the Flash >> Processing transition. Specifically for your case, it provides an alternative way to move objects, and change the axis for each shape.

http://www.pitaru.com/processing/BSpace/  

a couple of notes:  
It uses processing version 56, and there's currently only a PC version. Up-to-date versions for both platforms will be available soon.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »