FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   Processing on a live cd (bootable CD)?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Processing on a live cd (bootable CD)?  (Read 1827 times)
Guy

Processing on a live cd (bootable CD)?
« on: Oct 12th, 2004, 10:55pm »

I will be teaching Processing very shortly, and I wondered if there were any plans for distributing a live-CD (bootable Disk). Giving out a CD with Linux and Processing could really be a refreshing idea

fry

Re: Processing on a live cd (bootable CD)?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 3:17am »

yeah, that's a neat idea. combined with some sort of server-based way to store/submit sketches, and we'd really be cooking with gas.

perhaps more useful/plausible, it'd be nice to be able to essentially export a sketch to a bootable setup like this for an installation--that way no need to worry about operating system setup, java installation, etc.

amoeba

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 11:09pm »

Hmm, this is a pretty cool idea for workshops or similar. Reminds me of dyne:bolic and FreeJ. Maybe dyne:bolic could be a platform for doing this, it's a full Linux OS bootable from CD. It's free, redistributable and already established in the open source world, so it could be a good starting point.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2004, 11:12pm by amoeba »  

marius watz // amoeba
http://processing.unlekker.net/
kenpex

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 3:08pm »

Easy, download slax-live (150mb) and add processing in the iso file (with magiciso under windowsXP, other tools could not work) you can make a slax module or just add the linux distro as-is (it's selfcontained, it has the JVM too). Slax is nice, it's powerful and it's veeeery easy to add things to it without remastering, just by editing the iso. Check out its site for more info.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »